Introducing the File Browser Library for ShiVa3D
Please welcome the first public appearance of the File Browser Library, our script package for the ShiVa3D realtime engine to assist you in file operations. The library is 95% ready for release, it will have a dedicated place on our Tools page and in the webshop soon, but until then we are going to leak some secret information and a demo here.
Features in a nutshell:
- crossplatform, and web-ready as it is based exclusively on StoneScript
- uses skinnable HUD templates for open, save, and folder choice dialogs
- HUD templates can be automatically chosen for the current platform
- generic HUD templates are provided for desktop and mobile devices
- comes in STE (ShiVa3D archive) to easily add it to your projects
- written documentation and a tutorial included.
The File Browser Library sits between your existing application code and the file system. Your application tells the library to start a “File Open” dialog, the user chooses a file, and the library gives your handler back the choice, so your code can process the returned strings with the Cache functions. Struggling with the Cache API? Don’t worry, the whole demo project will be included with your purchase.
You should try the above “Mobile template” to experience the enhanced Android Virtual Keyboard when typing a name. It has been modified to have a visual feedback line just above the touchscreen keys.
You can download this universal stk version to try on any device you own. Push it through the Unified Authoring Tool for your specific platform, or just install it with the Device Development Tools, and see it perform live:
This product has been finalized. It can be purchased from our webshop. The download includes the library and the full sample project in STE archive format and a written tutorial.